Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lately: a Photo Update

Hello lovahs! Sorry for my long, long absence. I have been (yet again) very busy, but wanted to give you all an update via my camera roll.



I am seriously loving my new Christian Chaize coffee table book - this book is a MUST BUY. It's full of his gorgeous photographs, and the dimensions are hefty. Get it for a steal on Amazon: HERE


In other (very exciting) news, I have been working on a new project with a good friend of mine, Meggan - who lives in Chicago. We are starting a new blog - focused on fashion, and soon, Decorgreat will come to an end. I started this blog when I first moved to California, with nothing else to do, and no friends to hang with. It was focused on the decoration of our new digs, and I have to be honest when I say I'm just not quite as passionate about it anymore. Fashion is my first love, and I have always wanted to do something within the fashion industry - after working for a fashion magazine, I quickly changed my mind (another story), so this new blog will be my creative outlet for all things fashion/beauty related. The blog is still in the design phase, but we have our Insta account up and running - follow along at @somewherelately


We went to the mall on Father's Day to exchange a few things I bought my hubs - he ended up treating me to this Chloe bag...Happy Father's Day to me. I got yelled at for taking pics in Barneys, that was awkward. 


A casual tee with a statement necklace - I'd love to find a few more necklaces to layer with this look. 


Headed to dinner in this Zara dress.



And last, but certainly not least...Sophia. This little lady is crawling all over the place, and trying to eat everything in sight. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. She loves the swings, and prefers I push her as high as possible. 

Have a wonderful week lady friends! xo 

17 comments:

  1. You look so gorgeous! I love you Chloe bag and that book has been on my Amazon wishlist forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! The book is amazing, you won't be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. Love the Chloe bag!!! You look so beautiful. What is that lipgloss you wear? It looks fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lipgloss is Buxom Lips!

      Delete
  3. Miss Brooke. Love your blog. I have a rather embarrassing yet honest question to ask. You mention you started the blog before you had girlfriends and Ive noticed you have posted lost of pics with friends (aka Andee layne) recently. Did you have luck meeting girls in your area through the blog or through other avenues?

    Thanks! Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did meet Andee through blogging, yes - small world :). Other girlfriends I've made through other areas like - church, friends of friends who used to live in the area, and my husband's coworkers wives. xo

      Delete
  4. I can totally relate to everything you are saying, but in a different area of interest! I am in the process of starting a blog with a friend on events/party planning. Nothing wrong with changing it up! :) Good luck with it all!! Will miss checking in on your personal blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool - can't wait to check it out! Aww thank you, well I will still be posting semi-personal things along with outfits :). xo

      Delete
  5. I was wondering if you had given up bloggin all together ;) You look gorgeous love. Excited for you're new venture! Cant believe you got yelled at Barneys...arent so places so lame with that no pic policy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - uhg, I know...I was like wait, what do you think I'm going to do with this photo lol!

      Delete
  6. Hi Brooke
    I saw your post on made by girl and wanted to know what kind of countertops you put in your white kitchen? it looks magnificent and i am redoing my kitchen. i would LOVE your countertops!!
    thanks!
    dans120@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your post on madebygirl.com and fell in love with your white kitchen! what countertops are they?? LOVE it!! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - you are a beauty!! And I saw the book today. If I once have a coffee table, this might be the book for it?! ;)

    Greetings from Switzerland,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing that coffee table book. I want it! It's so pretty....

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Brooke!!! I hope you dont mind, but I saw your kitchen on MBG and I did a post on it today. I just think it was totally wonderful and gave you a breath of fresh air when you looked at it. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. NEED that book. His photos are incredible. I'm going to be adding it to my ever-growing list of coffee table books I must get. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! xoxo