It's time for one of my favorite recipes...slow-cooker chicken tacos. These little babies are super simple, not to mention delicious! Throw the chicken in the crock pot before you head to work, and voila! Dinner is ready by the time you get home...almost!
- Chicken breasts - I use 2 for the hubby and I
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can green chiles - diced and seeded
- Any toppings you may enjoy - avocado, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, parsley, tomatoes...etc.
- Pour one can of diced tomatoes into the slow cooker
- Place chicken breasts in next
- Top chicken breasts with 2nd can of tomatoes and green chiles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours
- Shred chicken while still in slow cooker (allows chicken to soak up flavor of sauce)
- Serve on tortillas and add toppings