I love a great upholstered headboard - it can glam up or tone down a room, depending on the style, fabric, and overall design. I do not currently have an upholstered headboard, but am in the market for one. I have rounded up a number of beautiful headboards I would love to buy for my bedroom, but also discovered a handful of amazing DIY headboards. The question becomes: to buy or DIY?
all images via
Obviously, it would be easier to buy. We have a LOT going on in the upcoming months, and 90% of me says, "Are you joking? You have to buy. It will be ordered, delivered, and set up with the push of a button." However, the other 10% says, "You have to DIY! This would be such a fun, (semi)simple project - not to mention a savings of $500 or more." As you can see, I am in quite the predicament!
bottom: tan tufted/ivory nailhead
I would love your thoughts...should I buy or DIY?