Hello! I hope your day is going well, I have quite the sweet treat for you all this afternoon -- my take on the Green Monster Smoothie. Green smoothies are becoming extremely popular, and I'm hopping on the bandwagon. There are many different recipes out there, but this one is my personal fave. A simple way to add greens to your diet -- it tastes great, and you (or your kids) won't even know it's loaded with spinach -- winning!
Health Benefits of Spinach:
- low in calories, high in vitamins (one of the most nutrient-packed foods)
- contains cancer-fighting antioxidants
- promotes cardiovascular health
- improves brain function
- FIGHTS AGING!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or pb powder)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- fill the remaining space with spinach (mine was 3 cups)
- combine all ingredients, blend until smooth...and enjoy!
In other exciting news, check out these chevron kitchen towels I scored at Target for $2.08 each!